Select your course choice from the menu »
ITEC Level 2 Beauty Specialist Diploma
- 8 weeks, Monday-Friday, 9-5pm
(Exception: during the Module 2 Makeup Unit, class will run from 10-4pm for 2 weeks)
- 23 weeks, 2 evenings per week plus 1 weekend per month
The ITEC Beauty Specialist element of this course will focus as much on the theoretical skills needed for the profession as the practical training. All students will attend the LA College of Creative Arts campus where they will have access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. The course is delivered by experienced beauty therapists who are practicing at a very high level within the beauty and spa industry.
Core subjects covered are skin & eye treatments, waxing, mani/pedi massage, makeup, professional conduct and business awareness. This course also includes FETAC Level 5 Minor Award in Make-Up Application/ LA Module 2 Certificate Unit in Natural and Bridal Make-Up which will be taught by a core team of reputable make-up artists. Each element of this certificate will be taught through interactive demonstrations followed by a practical session to ensure students grasp the skill set required to achieve the desired result.
Full time: 10th June (FULLY BOOKED), 15th July
Part time: 17th June (FULLY BOOKED), 16th September
IN THIS PROGRAMME YOU CAN STUDY:
Unit 9 Skincare and Eye Treatments
Theory and practical elements associated with: Facial skincare: Cleanse, tone and moisturise. Exfoliation, skin analysis, facial massage, eyelash and eyebrow enhancement treatments (tinting & tweezing), clay and commercial mask application. Aftercare and home care techniques.
Unit 10 Make-Up (Module 2)
Theory and practical elements associated with: LA Colleges own module 2 syllabus adapted to meet ITEC unit 10. Bridal, high fashion, occasion, Evening and day make up.
Unit 11 Manicure and Pedicure
Theory and practical elements associated with: Manicure and pedicure treatments.
Unit 12 Waxing
Theory and practical elements associated with: application of Hot and cool wax treatments to a variety of areas. At LA we also train our students in specialized waxing along with the basic practical required for this unit.
Unit 22 Professional Conduct and Business Awareness
Theory based unit on basic business and professionalism
• Hand Steriliser which is essential for every Therapist and is available from your local chemist/supermarket.
• A camera to record your work throughout your course and it can be digital or disposable.
• Brushes, for the makeup element. Available from LA at a discounted price of €65 for 7-piece set or €195 for 18-piece professional set.
• Lashes - Both individual and strip which can be purchased for €8.40 with your student discount. These are essential for learning how to apply them properly.
• Duo Glue - available to purchase in LA for €9.10 with your student discount.
• A note pad and pen.
• Small scissors similar to nail scissors to cut false lashes for the make-up element of your course.
• Towels - You will be informed of the sizes required on the first day of your course.
Beauty specialist, fashion & bridal makeup artist, eye & skin care specialist, wax expert, manicurist, pedicurist.
No experience needed
Full course fee: €3000
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?:
If you would like any further information on this course drop us a line by clicking here or if you would like to book a place on the course simply fill in your details by clicking the BOOK NOW button below:
Back to top