SFX and Prosthetic Film Makeup Artistry
Full-Time : 12 Weeks
Monday – Thursday
9.30AM – 3PM
8th January 2018 - Applications Open
9th April 2018
29th March 2018
29th June 2018
3rd September 2018
23rd November 2018
Become a Master of SFX and Prosthetic Makeup
Want a job in the film industry but don’t know where to start? Intimidated by job posts asking for mountains of experience? Sometimes it can seem like you had to have started out at the age of eight to be good enough to make it in the professional makeup industry!
But we believe that everyone should have the opportunity of following their dreams! If you are passionate and willing to learn, then with our help and professional guidance you truly can find your perfect career in SFX and Prosthetic makeup. The industry can often be about who you know, so we ensure all of our students make the connections they’ll need to get their foot in the door.
Our Special Effects Makeup course is tailor-made so you can nurture your natural talents and see them blossom into skills that few people have but lots of companies need. Our obsession is with excellence and making sure that all of our graduates are fully prepared for every aspect in the field of Special Effects makeup. Our makeup courses are so successful that 98% of our students go on to find work in the industry!
Taking part in our prosthetic and special effects makeup courses also means being part of our personal cause, the Beyond Skin Foundation. This foundation, based in Kolkata, India, seeks to help victims of acid attacks recover from the terrible trauma and permanent scarring that has been inflicted upon them. This is done through makeup courses, along with other assistance, to give these women the independence, confidence and professional makeup skills to take back control of their lives.
As part of your SFX and Prosthetic Makeup Courses you will learn:
- Role of An SFX Makeup Artist – Sculpting, Casting, Detailing, Making Appliances, Gore and Body Effects, Character Research and Creating Characters
- Special Effects and Theatrical Makeup Classes – Cuts, Bruises, Latex Moulding and Application, Theatrical Aging, Prosthetics and Lots More
- Techniques - Flocking, Painting, Gore and Blood FX, Seaming and Patching, Hair and Teeth FX
- Styling - Character Background and Creation of Final Character
- Promotion, Networking, Branding and Marketing Through Specialised Business Classes
- Professionalism, Customer Service and Client Management
- The Art of Special Effects Makeup Application: Choosing Colours, Blending and Working with Different Skin Types and Tones, Face and Eye Shapes
- Prosthetics Application – Including Gelatine, Latex and Silicone
- Mounding, Setting, Sanding & Glossing Casts
- Detailing, Texturing & Blending Edges
- Expert Makeup Hygiene
- TV and Film – High Definition Makeup – Introduction to Commercial Makeup Artistry
- How to Become a Social Media Sensation – Gaining Followers and Presenting Your Personal Brand, Style and Photography
- Understanding of Anatomy, Building Pieces, Life & Face Casting
- Create a Wide-Ranging SFX Makeup Portfolio
- Field Trips to Top Professionals and Studios
- Showcasing Your Talents Through Perfecting Your Own Hair and Styling
- Specialist Products and Where to Find Them
- Tools and Techniques of The Trade
- How to Plan and Execute a Perfect Photo Shoot – Casting Models, Character Styling and Makeup Application, Set Design, Working with Angles and Lighting
Makeup Courses for Success:
Our obsession with excellence at LA Creative is what makes us stand out from the crowd and it’s why you will too. This SFX and Prosthetic course is created to give you the best opportunity to forge your dream career. We are the only college that focuses on the three C’s you need to become a professional expert: Craft, Career and Confidence.
With makeup classes delivered by industry pros and more practical work than any other college you will be ready to go straight into the field and start working as an SFX makeup artist. On top of this we will link you up with the people you need to know in the world of special effects and theatrical makeup, through our extensive contacts and career support and guidance. We will also teach you self-presentation, client management and personal care to give you the confidence in your abilities for any situation.
- Learn professional makeup techniques to present yourself and practice impeccable hygiene with all clients
- Manage SFX makeup clients and maintain excellent working standards both individually and as part of a team
- Explore the world of TV, film and theatrical makeup artistry and research trends and products
- Find visual inspiration through your own insight and creative research in the field of special effects makeup
- Learn transferable skills to adapt and thrive in a changing professional makeup market
- Think creatively and use the knowledge from our special effects makeup courses to come up with your own ideas
- Get expert advice from top industry professionals on how to build your career in special effects makeup
- Have direct local and international employment access to TV and Film makeup opportunities
- Train in yoga and meditation as part of all of our makeup courses to teach life-long skills for a happier you!
- Have access to a service we provide for students to have their own website and build a strong social media platform as part of their special effects makeup course
After learning about SFX and Prosthetic Makeup techniques, such as bodily effects, sculpting, producing and applying prosthetics, you will create an outstanding character for your final project. This, along with photoshoots throughout the course, will make a great showcase for your portfolio to grab future employers’ attention.
The quality of our special effects makeup courses is proven by our track record, 98% of our graduates go on to find work in the field. We prepare you for everything and show you how to build the career you’ve always wanted. Here are just some of the SFX and Prosthetic makeup jobs you can get into with our help:
Theatrical Makeup Artist, On Set Film Application, Prosthetic Creation for Film & Theatre, TV Makeup Artist, Prosthetic Sculptor, Character Design, SFX Makeup Artist, TV & Film Stylist, Freelance Professional Makeup Artist
TOTAL COURSE COST: €4,995