The diploma in Fashion Styling, Buying and Merchandising
ONLINE also available: Enjoy learning from the comfort of your own home with our optional online learning platform
FULL-TIME: 9 Weeks
Monday - Thursday
9.30AM - 3PM
PART-TIME: 12 Weeks
Monday - Thursday
6.30PM - 9PM
(Including one Saturday per month)
20th November 2017 -Part Time -Applications Open
8th January 2018
8th March 2018
(For both Full-time and Part-time)
Helping Our Students Get Great Jobs in Fashion
This fantastic multi-level course is unique in the fashion industry in Ireland! You can study all three modules to get a broad understanding of the industry or pick one individual module you want to focus on.
Our programme gives you everything you need to launch your career in fashion, delivering advanced business insight and introducing you to our network of professionals in the industry. With intensive training in essential skills and expert professional guidance, you can land your dream job and build a glamorous career fuelled by your natural passion.
LA College is unique in offering a specialised 360° introductory approach to Fashion Styling, Buying and Merchandising. You already have the eye for looks and the desire to succeed but we will show you how to focus and apply your talents to find success.
A major part of our mission is also giving back. We believe humility is important to keep people grounded in our industry, which is why we are opening the first ever Academy especially for victims of acid attacks and domestic violence in Kolkata, India. You can read more about the wonderful Beyond Skin Foundation and how you can be involved here.
Our experts will share their deep understanding of the real world of fashion so you’re ready to walk straight into the field. Too often people are taught unnecessary skills or cast aside in internships which don’t allow them to express themselves and develop (or earn anything!). We are absolutely focused on giving you the knowledge and skills which will make you valuable from day one!
If you want to know how to become a stylist we’ll show you everything you need. An LACCA diploma in Fashion Styling, Buying and Merchandising will give you the perfect foundation to start building your career.
The fashion styling course includes:
- Intro to Types of Styling, From Being a Personal Stylist to Product Campaigns
- Understanding a Brief, its References and Terminology
- Conceptual Development and Creating Mood Boards
- Organising a Photoshoot
- Booking Models and Artists
- How to Source Clothing
- How to Work to Budget
- Finding and Winning Clients
- Personal Styling
- Publication and Brand Analysis: Online, High Street and Designer
- Creating a Personal Stylist Brand, Social Media Presence and Blogging
- Learning Where and How to Find Inspiration
- Building Your Portfolio
With so many people wanting jobs in fashion you will need every advantage you can get to succeed. By taking our combined Fashion Styling, Buying and Merchandising courses you will immediately gain unique insight into the world you want to work in.
Learn how to become a fashion buyer through:
- An Intro to Fashion Buying
- Learning a Buyer’s Role, Responsibilities and Skills Required
- Product Development and Customer Profiling
- Understanding Industry Structure and Buying Strategy
- Performing Trend Analysis and Market Research
- Knowing the Seasonal and Buying Calendar
- Key Performance Indicators for Fashion Marketing
- Profit and Margin Control
- Supply Chain and Distribution Logistics
- SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
Other styling,buying and merchandising courses don’t put you in direct contact with local and international employers. We are proud that 98% of our graduates go on to gain jobs in fashion, proving your time at LACCA is a great investment in your own future.
We prepare you for employment in fashion merchandising by introducing you to:
- The Role of a Fashion Merchandiser
- Analysis of Market Trends
- Creation and Supervision of Visual Displays and Brand Appearance
- Understanding Customers’ Shopping Habits
- Knowing and Forecasting Fashion Trends
- The Essence of What Is Fashion Marketing
- Engaging with a Personal Stylist Working Within Budgets
We are obsessed with excellence and we have created our course on that basis. We don’t do wasted time or pointless exercises! Everything you will hear and learn is essential and every project or portfolio you do is developing a key skill that transfers directly to the professional world.
Week 1 - 2
- Introduction to the Fashion Styling, Buying and Merchandising courses starting with an introduction to Styling
- Theoretical and practical exercises.
- Students learn to use social media to effectively record their inspirations and thoughts as the course progresses. They will begin discovering their style identity and how to promote their ideas.
- Students will take part in a fashion shoot, creating two Street Style looks from a trend they have chosen with a publication in mind. They will work with makeup artists, photographers and models and learn the importance of precise and confident communication.
Week 3 – 4
- Introduction to Fashion Buying
- Theoretical and practical exercises
- Students will work on a Buying project, showing to what degree they have learned those skills so far and produce work for their portfolio, demonstrating their talent and versatility.
- They will research previous Fashion Weeks and their collections to identify what would sell in a prestigious department store or filter down to a high street brand. This will be an example of what is needed and how to become a fashion buyer.
- Creating trend stories and mood boards will show students how to push their vision and win over a chosen client or brand.
Week 5 - 6
- Introduction to Fashion Merchandising
- Theoretical and practical exercises
- Students will work on a Merchandising project, utilising the skills they have gained so far to produce concept boards of future trends and visual ideas to a brief set by their tutor.
- This will provide content for their personal portfolio and also improve their understanding of fashion marketing.
Week 6 – 8
- Students will tackle a directional project combining all three career paths and work on their personal portfolio with the knowledge and skills gained from the previous weeks.
- They will work together as a team and play different roles to improve their skill sets in every area and have the opportunity to network.
- They will visualise their ideas, show their knowledge of their target market, create sales strategies and plan events.
- Student roles will be determined throughout the course, as some students will prefer different subjects to others but they will all complement each other and encourage a stronger knowledge of the industry.
What You Will Gain From This Course:
At LACCA we focus on the 3 C’s we believe every student should be enhancing while attending our courses: Craft, Career and Confidence.
We believe every student should leave with the ability to work in their chosen profession, the knowledge of how and where to get a job and the personal belief in their own vision and ability.
The intimate knowledge, valuable skills and expert advice they will gain in all three areas of fashion styling, buying and merchandising through these courses will prove invaluable for students’ careers. It will give them:
- Expert professional direction
- Valuable and transferable skills for an adaptable market
- The confidence to work individually and how to communicate in a team
- How to promote their work through social media and networking
- The beginnings of a personal portfolio
- The ability to think creatively and find their own personal style
We also offer a huge range of perks and extras to all of our students.
Jobs in Fashion: Your Prospective Career Path
Fashion Stylist | Fashion Assistant | Personal Stylist | Wardrobe Stylist | Fashion Buyer | Buyer Assistant | Fashion Blogger | Visual Merchandiser | Display Assistant | Social Media Creative | Marketing Assistant | Merchandising Admin Assistant | Editorial Assistant
TOTAL COURSE COST: €2,500